Vicksburg Warren School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2020-2021 Biology Teacher RECE
at Vicksburg Warren School District
TITLE: Secondary Teacher
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To teach students in a manner that they can apply the knowledge and skills
required for College and Career Readiness in accordance with the Mississippi Framework and
Common Core Curriculum.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Students and their learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and implements plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required
- Prepares lessons that reflects accommodations for individual differences
- Presents the subject matter according to guidelines established by MDE and the district
- Plans and uses appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of students assigned
- Conducts assessment of student learning styles and use results for instructional activities
- Works cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to state/district requirements
- Plans and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s)
- Uses technologies in the teaching/learning process
- Assists students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study
- Consistently assess student achievement through formal and informal testing
- Assumes responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned and may sponsor outside activities approved by the school administrator
- Implements the strategies outlined by the district.
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter.
- Presents a positive role model for students that support the mission of the school
- Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, cooperative learning, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Manages student behavior in the classroom and administer discipline according to board policy and administrative regulations
- Takes necessary and reasonable precaution to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports
- Establishes and maintain open lines of communication with parents and students
- Uses acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly
- Identifies student need and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude and learning problems
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by professional growth activities
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with state/district guidelines
- Supervises students in out of classroom activities during the day and on all field lessons
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with state/district testing programs
- Participates in Professional Learning Communities, faculty committees/meetings, and the sponsorship of student activities
- Uses student data to guide instruction and professional development
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Experience preferred but not required. Possession of (or eligible for) a valid regular Mississippi teaching certificate
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Job Contact Information
|Name||Tammy Burris Smith|
Monday, May 4, 2020 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)