The Bergaila Companies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Fire Protection Designer
at The Bergaila Companies
- Job ID
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
We are currently seeking a Sr. Fire Protection Designer in Gulfport, MS.
The Sr. Fire Protection Designer applies engineering principles to design, modify or develop facilities, testing, machines, equipment or processes used in processing or manufacturing products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately and efficiently produces various fire and gas designs, which conform to applicable codes and specifications.
- Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules and designs for project.
- Ensures that construction packages meet the expectations of the client, including other client representatives such as FCO and construction personnel.
- Provide design work for packages issued by Fire Protection Engineering Department.
- Proficiently operates various AutoCAD systems. Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform design tasks. .
- Perform the development of the design package. Items developed include but, are not limited to: Detailed Scope of Work, estimates, major component lay out and wiring diagrams, Cause and Effects matrix, fabrication packages, material requisitions and safe out procedures
- Work with the Fire Protection Engineer update project progress tracking information for the monthly status report.
- Maintain a Project issue resolution log for each project
- Work with the Fire Protection Engineer to develop the conceptual work scope, and prepare technical drawings and documents of the work package through IFC.
- Coordinate as-built activities including record keeping.
- Interprets and applies codes, procedures, standards and specifications to accurately and efficiently produce quality designs packages.
- Interprets complex vendor data or drawings for conformance with project requirements and initiates resolution of any problems.
- Accurately develops material takeoffs, engineering man hour and total installed cost estimates.
- Consistently demonstrates example skills in structuring assigned activities, creativity, teamwork, handling a client’s changing needs, communications, operational efficiencies, decision making, and analyzing and solving problems.
- Inspects equipment for conformance with design specifications. Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs that can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Analyzes engineering proposals, process requirements and related technical data pertaining to industrial machinery and equipment design.
- Determines feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning and other technical and economic factors.
- Provides information to those in field construction. Provides accurate technical advice and training to others. Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning.
- Studies engineering and technical publications to keep abreast of technical changes and developments in industry.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Must have a minimum six (6) years Fire & Gas design experience. Must have experience working with IBC, IFC and national fire codes.
- Must be advanced with AutoCAD 12, AutoCAD 13 or AutoCAD 14.
- Field experience is required within the Fire & Gas discipline. Microsoft Access Database experience required.
- Experience with AESolutions, Det-Tronics and/or Pyrotronics Fire Alarm panels strongly desired.