Sirius Technical Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sirius Technical Services
Sirius Technical Services is seeking an experienced Senior Buyer for a large client in Hamilton, MS. This is a direct hire/permanent position.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for purchasing materials and services from suppliers. The Senior Buyer will assess the need of existing and new vendors. Facilitation and management of sound contracts and purchase orders and vendor relationships are critical to enable the operation to produce safe, quality, low cost tons and delivery on customers’ expectations.
• Lead contract negotiations and ensure strategies are developed in support of the negotiations.
• Identify potential new suppliers, develop, review, and issue requests for quotations and request for tenders.
• Provide expertise in analysis, evaluation, qualification, and selection of suppliers.
• Monitor market trends and conditions in the creation of the procurement strategy.
• Manage strategic and high value supplier relationships
• Coordinate the development, issuance, and evaluation of “Requests for Proposals” and “Requests for Tender” packages.
• Negotiate high value, strategic, and complex contracts for certain commodities or geographical area, including global contracts
• Develop Contract Approval Requests
• Preparation of strategic, high value, or complex procurement strategies
• Supplier selection based on bid analysis and supplier evaluation criteria
• Management of the processes to identify, develop, and qualify alternative suppliers to ensure security of supply
• Evaluate implementation of methods (JIT, MRP, consignment, and VMI) to optimize high value commodity inventory levels
• Drive continuous improvement for assigned commodity, service or geographical area, and global contracts.
System Awareness Which systems will you NEED to be competent with in order to carry out the listed accountabilities:
• SAP MM Modules (Proficient in the creation and maintenance of SAP contracts and Purchase Orders / Reporting on vendors and materials)
If you're interested and think you would be a great fit for what we're looking for, please send your resume to Bailee Stevens for further consideration: [Click Here To Join]
Sirius Technical Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
A leader in integrated, innovative staffing solutions for some of today’s most rewarding professions, Sirius Technical Services is pleased to present a variety of high-growth, high-impact employment opportunities for motivated individuals who are ready to take a step in their career. As the demand for our services continues to grow, so does our need for top talent! If you’re searching for your next professional home, we look forward to partnering with you.
For designers, engineers, project managers, and more, Sirius Technical services, offers an unrivaled ability to match qualified candidates with winning employers across the nation. Whether you’re searching for temporary and contract work or direct hire and full-time assignments, our employment solutions offer the freedom, flexibility, and future your unique career deserves.
Sirius Technical Services proudly provides a wealth of employment perks that come from a company committed to prioritizing its #1 asset – our people! From highly competitive compensation and comprehensive insurance coverage to numerous work/life balance rewards and continuous career support, we are dedicated to giving back to those who give so much at work every day.
Are you ready to get serious about your success? Join the Sirius Technical Services Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?