Sirius Technical Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cost Control Manager
at Sirius Technical Services
Sirius Technical Services is seeking a skilled Cost Control Manager for a large client in Columbus, MS. This is a direct hire opportunity.
• Manage Cost Accounting Department and provide management support.
• Prepare various management reports, financial comments and provide any key data as requested.
• Ensure cost accounting metrics are accurate and reported timely.
• Ensure accurate inventory valuation based on inventory analysis and weekly reporting.
• Manage forecast for cost related accounts and manufacturing variances and other costs
• Review and analyze assigned cost accounting journals and account reconciliations.
• Manage and participate in Physical inventory counts, Quarterly Statistical Audits and cycle counts.
• Manage product cost comparisons.
• Ensure NAFTA analysis is prepared for quarterly reporting.
• Manage cost related research and provide high level analysis.
• Ensures cost accounting procedures are updated with actual processes.
• Participate in internal control reviews, including Sarbanes Oxley documentation and testing.
• Participate/assist in projects related to cost accounting processes.
• Maintains effective oral and written communications, externally and internally
Qualifications & Skills:
• Degree in Accounting required. CPA/CMA and Master's Degree preferred.
• 5 years experience in Accounting required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• SAP/ERP system experience preferred.
• Public accounting and/or cost accounting experience desired.
• Strong collaboration, analytical and accounting skills, attention to details.
• Strong Excel and Access skill required.
• Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in specific deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
• Must have demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be able to motivate, lead and develop employees.
• Must be results oriented with strong attention to detail.
• Must be a hands-on self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities.
• Must be able to work with all employee levels, including senior management.
Please send resumes directly to
Sirius Technical Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
A leader in integrated, innovative staffing solutions for some of today’s most rewarding professions, Sirius Technical Services is pleased to present a variety of high-growth, high-impact employment opportunities for motivated individuals who are ready to take a step in their career. As the demand for our services continues to grow, so does our need for top talent! If you’re searching for your next professional home, we look forward to partnering with you.
For designers, engineers, project managers, and more, Sirius Technical services, offers an unrivaled ability to match qualified candidates with winning employers across the nation. Whether you’re searching for temporary and contract work or direct hire and full-time assignments, our employment solutions offer the freedom, flexibility, and future your unique career deserves.
Sirius Technical Services proudly provides a wealth of employment perks that come from a company committed to prioritizing its #1 asset – our people! From highly competitive compensation and comprehensive insurance coverage to numerous work/life balance rewards and continuous career support, we are dedicated to giving back to those who give so much at work every day.
Are you ready to get serious about your success? Join the Sirius Technical Services Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?