Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Warehouse Worker – First Shift. This position will perform all duties required to safely and efficiently meet the order fulfillment requirements of our customers.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Order Picking – Safely and accurately, utilize a paper pick ticket or RF scan gun to pick customer orders by operating a man-up order picker or stand up fork lift. Drop pallets or carts in packing area / station
- Order Processing / Shipping– Prepare and package orders for shipment. Complete computer transactions and apply shipping paperwork to product. Load trucks as required
- Receiving / Put away– Unload trucks with sit down fork lift. Accurately check in shipments and verify contents against packing list. Move product from dock to designated storage locations in warehouse via fork lift, order picker or turret truck.
- Participate in annual physical inventory activities
- Abide by all company PPE and safety requirements
- Contribute to continuous improvement ideas for making the warehouse operation more efficient and safe and organized
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma/GED plus 1-2 years of warehouse related experience.
- Experience running various types of material handling equipment
- Ability to do frequent bending and lifting to move products
- Team player with good organizational skills
- Comfortable using computers and scanning equipment
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work in standing position 8 hours/shift
- Considerable arm movement and walking required; bending and stooping
- Work requires close attention to lifting and handling of medium weight parts up to 35 lbs.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Warehouse/manufacturing environment
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem offers an exceptional employment package with competitive compensation and benefits designed to reward performance and enhance your life. If you are a driven and inspired individual looking for an exciting and challenging career opportunity with a world-class business dedicated to solving water, come grow your career with Xylem.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.