Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Traveling Engine Service Technician-GPT in Gulfport, MS at Puckett Machinery Company Inc
at Puckett Machinery
Puckett Machinery Company is the Caterpillar® heavy equipment, rental services, and power systems dealer for central and southern Mississippi. As the industry leader in our territory with 15 locations, helping our customers succeed is our number one priority.
We are seeking Traveling Engine Service Technicians to support our marine, industrial, and petroleum customers with top-end and major/in-frame overhauls of large Caterpillar engines. Assignments will range from several days to several weeks at a time and involve extensive overnight travel (80% of the time) to domestic, offshore, and international locations. Assignments will be primarily dispatched from our Gulfport, MS power systems office, but there is flexibility for technicians to be domiciled outside of Mississippi.
- Starting pay $22-$32+/hour, depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefits plan including: Medical, Dental, and Vision; 401(k); Life and Disability;
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Specialized technical training
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Disassemble, adjust, install, and repair, in conjunction with both top end and major/in-frame overhauls, reciprocating engine based marine, industrial, and petroleum power systems in accordance with all prescribed quality and safety standards.
- Troubleshoot, problem solve, and identify the problem through failure analysis.
- Test, measure, align and adjust engine systems and components.
- Research and determine re-usability of parts in accordance with published manufacturer guidelines.
- Coordinate the ordering of replacement parts with supervisor.
- Prepare and submit detailed, complete and legible service reports of all inspection and repairs performed using prescribed forms and procedures in a timely manner.
- Keep supervisor regularly apprised of status of assigned repair jobs and assist in addressing customer questions and concerns.
- Maintain a professional and proper personal appearance at all times.
- Keep up to date with developments in tooling, technologies and systems.