Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Service Technician-Rents (MAD) in Madison, MS at Puckett Machinery Company Inc
at Puckett Machinery
We are seeking an experienced small engine Diesel Service Technician at our rental services location in Madison.
- Starting pay $16+/hour, depending on experience
- Mon-Fri schedule with occasional after hours/weekend work
- Scheduled overtime
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including medical, dental, and vision, 401(k), life and disability, paid leave, uniforms with paid laundry service
- Specialized technical training
The Service Technician-Rents is responsible for the diagnosis, repair, reconditioning, overhaul and maintenance of the store’s expansive inventory of construction equipment which includes Caterpillar and ancillary earth and material moving (dozers, backhoes, excavators, skid steers, fork trucks), aerial (lifts), and site support machines (generators, air compressors, jackhammers, cutting saws), as well as some customer heavy equipment and components.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Remove, disassemble, assemble, and install components and parts, including but not limited to: powertrain, hydraulic, electrical AC/DC, gasoline/diesel/propane systems, compressors and air tools, and engines (2 and 4 stroke, gas and diesel) in accordance with all prescribed quality and safety standards.
- Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical troubleshooting steps.
- Clean, repair, recondition, and maintain equipment and components.
- Test, measure, and adjust engine and machine systems and components.
- Research and determine reusability of parts in accordance with published manufacturer guidelines.
- Coordinate the ordering of replacement parts with supervisor.
- Prepare, inspect and test operate machines prior to delivery.
- Prepare and submit detailed, complete and legible service reports of all inspection and repairs performed using prescribed forms and procedures in a timely manner.
- Keep supervisor regularly apprised of status of assigned repair jobs and assist in addressing customer questions and concerns thoroughly and completely.