Cavco Industries, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cavco Industries, Inc
Cavco Industries, Inc., was founded in 1965 and is a fast growing publicly traded company that is disrupting the manufactured home industry. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Cavco is a leading designer and builder of manufactured homes, modular homes, commercial buildings, park model RV’s, and vacation cabins. We produce and sell some of the most widely recognized brand names in the industry including Fleetwood Homes, Palm Harbor Homes, Fairmont Homes, Friendship Homes, Nationwide Homes, Lexington Homes and Cavco Homes. The company’s insurance group, Standard Casualty, offers a wide range of insurance products for manufactured home owners and our finance subsidiary, Country Place Mortgage, offers a variety of homebuyer financing options. Our production footprint includes 20 manufactured and modular home factories across the U.S. We conduct business through more than 40 company-owned sales centers in addition to a vast network of independent retailers, community operators, builders and developers in 47 states, 6 Canadian provinces as well as Mexico and Japan.
In recognition of its innovation, quality, customer service, and long term stability, Cavco Industries was awarded the prestigious MHI Manufacturer of the Year Award for 7 consecutive years. We don’t settle for the “status quo” and continually strive for excellence.
Our employees are our biggest asset and play an integral role in meeting the needs of our customers. Come be part of a team offering many opportunities to utilize your talents in an atmosphere that supports and encourages you to realize your full potential. Come share in helping people to realize their dreams by having the opportunity to own a home!
Come share our story and be part of building something amazing!
We are currently looking for a Costing Manager to work in our Lexington, MS Plant. The Costing Manager is responsible for performing routine and special analyses to help determine the type, quantity, and cost of materials used to construct residential and commercial dwellings. They will be expected to utilize a cost accounting system that can continuously appraise the value of inventory and products. They will regularly assist senior management with making key decisions related to product pricing, and must be able to determine and explain any factors that can cause costs to vary.
The Costing Manager will work independently and as part of a team both in an office setting, and in a manufacturing facility during regular business hours, although additional and/or alternative hours may be required depending on deadlines and company needs.
What Is In It For You?
- Being valued for what you contribute
- Competitive wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Training & Development
- Collaboration/Team Work
- Maintaining a complete and accurate listing of all raw material inventory parts and costs
- Communicate with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery to meet production requirements
- Review bid proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority
- Determine method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid
- Create bills of materials for products using a combination of product specifications, engineering drawings, observing building construction, and parts from a parts listing
- Audit and maintain bills of materials in an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Verify bills from suppliers with bids and purchase orders and approve for payment
- Extrapolate and analyze data, generate reports on cost structure and profitability, and assist management with pricing decisions
- Participate in month-end closing activities such as the coordination and reconciliation of physical inventory audits, and the valuation of work-in-process and finished goods
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality assurance personnel, users, vendors, and other to determine source of trouble and take corrective action
Conscientious and self-motivated professional with a commitment to excellence interested in joining a growing public company
- Minimum 2 years of higher education; Bachelors in Accounting or Information Technology preferred
- Experience with ERP Systems (Deacom, SAP, Oracle, Epicor)
- 3+ years of progressive cost accounting, procurement, or technical support experience in manufacturing
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Analytical thinker with high attention to detail
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible in a fast paced environment
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Advanced Excel – Formulas, Pivot Tables, Macros)
Cavco Industries is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.