North Panola School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at North Panola School District
Valid Mississippi certification as a Guidance Counselor
To help students overcome problems that impede learning and to assist them in making educational, occupational, and life plans that hold promise for their personal fulfillment as mature and responsible men and women.
- Aid students in subject and course selection
- Obtains and disseminates occupational information to students and to classes studying occupations.
- Assists students in evaluating their aptitudes and abilities through the interpretation of individual standardized test scores and other pertinent data, and works with students in evolving education and occupational plans in terms of such evaluation.
- Works to resolve students' educational handicaps.
- Assists with registration of new students and orients them to school procedures and the opportunities for learning that are available within the school.
- Works with students on a one-to-one basis to prevent them from dropping out of school.
- Remains available to students to assist them with counseling related to family issues, health problems, emotional adjustment, personal growth, self-understanding, and maturity.
- Assists in the maintenance of student records and protects the confidentiality fo said records.
- Supervises the preparation and processing of college, scholarship, and employment applications.
- Makes recommendations to colleges for admissions and scholarships.
- Confers with parents when necessary.
- Provides in-service training in guidance issues for teachers and student teachers.
- Advises administrators and faculty members on matter of student discipline.
- Organize and conducts an annual career day.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year are determined by the Board.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on
Evaluation of Professional Personnel
Job Contact Information
Monday, March 18, 2019 12:00 AM -
Thursday, May 30, 2019 11:59 PM
(Central Standard Time)