MCKEAN DEFENSE GROUP, LLC/CABRILLO TECHNOLOGIES
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MCKEAN DEFENSE GROUP, LLC/CABRILLO TECHNOLOGIES
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
The Administrative Assistant will provide support to all ship classes in Pascagoula for all PCU milestone evolutions, organize office space, and provide administrative assistance. The Administrative Assistant will also provide direct administrative support to the Commanding Officers/Executive Officers including coordinating schedules and activities on behalf of the CO/XO and assist with Ship's Office routine.
- Receive, review and distribute Command correspondence and take appropriate action to staff responses. Maintain correspondence and serial logs.
- Schedule conference rooms for meetings on behalf of the crew.
- Track the progress of the POA&M for Commanding Officer and Executive Officer and assist with resolution for delinquent requirements.
- Assist in routing entitlement requests through ship's chain of Command.
- Typing and formatting command correspondence for routing and approval.
- Assist in other administrative areas within our group of Personnel, Travel and Security when required.
- Handle details privately that are FOUO in nature.
- Draft and compose emails professionally
- Assist in other administrative areas within our group of Admin, Personnel, Travel and Security and other duties when required.
- Candidate will need to organize tasks and services and be able to work with competing priorities.
- Will need strong computer skills in the MS Office suite of software, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
- Candidate will provide the ship's force with programs, documentation and deliverables electronically during crew development through move-aboard.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are essential in this team orientated-customer service position.
- Judgement is required in resolving various problems and making routine recommendations.
- Understanding of military terms and practices is not required but beneficial.
- Experience in using access databases
- Understanding of military terms and practices is beneficial
- Current secret clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.