Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Class A CDL Truck Driver - Local / Hourly
at Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co is currently seeking a Class A CDL Truck Driver - Local / Hourly to join our Tupelo, MS location. The successful candidate will be expected to safely and efficiently deliver finished products to customers at various locations.
Communicates on a daily basis with multiple levels of Company personnel and most importantly with external customers. Performs work in the setting of a Company truck with exposure to weather conditions and various customer locations. Major challenges involve the on time delivery of products to customers while complying with various state and Federal laws and regulations, such as DOT regulations, etc.
High School Diploma or GED
One to two years driving experience and product delivery required to perform the job. Specific on the job training is provided.
- Must have and maintain a valid CDL driver's license.
- Previous employment checks must be acceptable.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays, and call-in with little notice.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Receive and understand instructions from Dispatcher, Traffic Manager, and external customers.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all customers.
- Ability to communicate and relay information to others.
- Possess and maintain a clean MVR within Company's guidelines.
- Properly follow administrative procedures regarding billing and manifest paperwork.
- Transport and deliver materials and services per customer requirements.
- Know, understand, and strictly adhere to all State and Federal DOT rules and regulations governing the operation of tractor trailers and transportation of Company products and materials.
- Report conditions that may affect the operations of the trucks and trailers.
- Maintain accurate DOT Logs.
- Deliver product as scheduled.
- In compliance with DOT, both Federal and State, and adhering to all rules and regulations thereof.
- Assist in loading and unloading.
- Lifting more than 75 lbs.
- Must be able and knowledgeable of the loading and unloading of hydraulic squeeze trailers.
- Required to perform checks to equipment and/or vehicle used at start, during, and end of use.
- Fueling and checking of equipment's fluid levels required of unit, or units used.
- Note any errors or customer concerns to Company management as soon as practical.
- Must maintain highest respect of the customer and meeting their needs.