Aurora Flight Sciences
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aurora Flight Sciences
# of openings:
The Industrial Engineer is a hands-on position involved in the performance of routine and complex projects that will eliminate waste and create opportunities to maximize resources across the manufacturing operations for AMS. The Industrial Engineer reports to the VP of Manufacturing, Operations & Technology.
- Establish standardized shop floor metrics.
- Enhance and champion a capital plan to meet rate requirements.
- Be a member of the ERP implementation group representing all manufacturing processes.
- Mentor I.E. interns with a planned process for success.
- Enable the current systems to deliver accurate weekly manufacturing data while editing for transformation to a new ERP system.
- Adopt Lean practices with project planning across the manufacturing.
- Implement and champion cost reduction initiate for both near and long-term results.
- Work with Finance and Contracts to deliver accurate Program cost metrics real time.
- Establish an Equivalent unit Costing metric at the manufacturing cell level.
- Develop an overall RATE Readiness Plan for manufacturing operations.
- Collaborate across facilities and champion a growth plan for AMS.
Other Duties Included:
- Manufacturing capacity analysis.
- Positional tooling and machine requirements.
- Work measurement/time standards development.
- Production performance metrics and analysis.
- Special studies and projects.
- Staffing models.
- Production readiness assessments.
- Recovery planning.
- Facilities and workplace design.
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Engineering Technology or related discipline from an accredited university.
- Four to ten years of experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the aerospace or composite manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use software tools to support Industrial Engineering, Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Experience utilizing ERP/MRP planning systems and bill of material interrogation for process planning.
- Must be a U.S. Person.
- Teamwork – Provides and welcomes feedback; contributes to building positive team spirit.
- Interpersonal skills – able to focus on solving issues – set realistic timelines for resolution.
- Judgment – strong emphasis on planning and organizing – sets smart goals and objects and realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – able to excel under pressure
- Dependability – keeps commitments, completes tasks on time – keeps team apprised of alternate plan.
- Able to lift and transport objects up to 40 pounds as well as consistently walk, stoop, craw, bend, crouch, climb and kneel while one the job.
- Extended and/or off-shift work will be occasionally required dependent upon the needs of the business.