Job: Response & Readiness State Manager
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Job Title: Response & Readiness State Manager
Area of Interest: Disaster Response/Relief
Plans, schedules, directs, and implements overall strategic goals and objectives. Provides services to a moderate, local or limited population of clients or users. Oversees the work assignment and performance of staff and volunteers. Develops and manages service or program budget & resources. Represents the Red Cross and promotes services and programs to the communities within the Chapter’s jurisdiction.
1. Builds financially sound, executable, data-driven program strategies in support of a program area and/or service. Develops growth strategy for area of responsibility.
2. Establishes and implements program/service goals, objectives, policies, and procedures. Implements and coordinates the day-to-day functions that support the assigned program or service. Adjusts staffing levels or work procedures to accommodate resource allocation decisions made at higher management levels. Implements local Red Cross Disaster Services (response, mitigation and community preparedness) in accordance with National and Chapter policies and procedures. Ensures disaster caseworkers are recruited, trained and scheduled, to support daily disaster casework. Develops and implements local disaster training calendar that includes basic, intermediate and advanced courses.
3. Directs staff, which could include Managers, in the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and programs.
4. Develops, directs and coordinates financial and budget activities to fund operations and maximize efficiency. Adheres to both program & organizational policy and governmental regulations concerning department.
5. Evaluates and reports effectiveness of program or service and prepares recommendations for continuous improvement. Finds ways to improve production or increase the quality of the work directed.
6. Establishes and implements program/service goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
7. Monitors program outcomes and results to reinforce organizational accountability.
8. Develops and cultivates professional relationships with key internal & external partners/organizations.
9. Provides analysis, advice and consultation on Chapter program or service.
10. Develops and conducts presentations to promote Red Cross services and programs to community.
11. May perform directly-related operational tasks or service/program delivery as an individual contributor not exceeding 20% of time.
12. It is the responsibility of all Red Cross staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone. It is expect that each member of the regional management team to work with a volunteer counterpart to ensure key volunteers are utilized and ensure depth within the function.
13. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the American Red Cross.
The American Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that offers employees growth and development, team spirit, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Minimum of 5 - 10 years in implementing and advancing social service programs and providing leadership to a department, program or service. Experience in developing and managing budget. Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong skills in planning and problem-solving. Ability to relate well and effectively with diverse groups and individuals.
Management Experience: Minimum of 3 - 5 years staff management experience.
Skills and Abilities: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals. Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills to develop creative processes for continuous program or service improvements.
Other: Intermediate proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Familiarity with federal, state and local employment laws.
Travel: May involve travel.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential including sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Requisition Number: CHAP28229
Chapter Code - Chapter Description:
If this is a Chapter Position then select the Chapter - Chapter Description C - Chapter Opportunity
Business Unit: CHAP - Division 3 - West Gulf
Country: United States
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Shift: 1st - First Shift
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Percentage of Travel: 25% - 50%
Relocation Eligibility: No
AMERICAN RED CROSS SAN DIEGO Jobs
This company does not have more jobs